We believe in the free flow of information and so publish under a Creative Commons — Attribution/No derivatives license. This means you can republish our articles online or in print for free, provided you follow these guidelines:
Republishing guidelines, for print and online
- You can’t edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style. If you do wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted by the blue Contact button that accompanies their author profile.
- Not all material on this website belongs to us. We highly reuse the material from other news publishers under Creative Commons license. On such articles, we always give the attribution to the original author and publisher. If you intend to use that material, please contact the original author and publisher as they may have different requirements on republishing their work.
- You have to credit authors and their institutions, ideally in the byline.
- You have to credit Next Gen News and include a link back to either our home page or the article URL . Our preference is a credit at the top of the article and that you include our logo (available below).
- You can’t sell our material separately, but it’s OK to put our articles on pages with ads.
- You have to confirm you’re licensed to republish images in our articles. Some images, such as those from commercial providers, don’t allow their images to be republished without permission or payment. Copyright terms are generally listed in the image caption and attribution. You are welcome to omit our images or substitute with your own. Charts and interactive graphics follow the same rules.
- You can’t systematically republish all of our articles, nor frame the content of our site.
- Extracts: you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article and then say: “Read the full article on Next Gen News” with a link back to the article.
- Quotes: you can quote authors provided you include a link back to the article URL.
- Translations: are technically a derivative under our creative commons license and so require author approval. Many authors will give approval in good faith. Authors can be contacted by the blue Contact button that accompanies their author profile.
- Edits: if you wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted by the blue Contact button that accompanies their author profile.
- Signed consent / copyright release forms: are not required, providing you are following these guidelines.
- Print: articles can be published in print under these same rules, with the exception that you do not need to include the counter and links.
- Podcast and video: are also covered by creative commons and the same attribution requirements apply.
The Next Gen News logo
- You can download a high resolution version of our logo here: PNG